Who’s ready to let the music play?!
Yes, we loved
applauding actors and actresses at the Golden Globes and SAG Awards.
Tonight, however, we’re ready to “Shake It Off” and celebrate the best
musical artists of the past year.
Dozens of your favorite
performers will take to the stage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
for once in a lifetime collaborations. Some may also pick up a few
prestigious trophies along the way. Yes, we’re talking to you Sam Smith.
you get a serious case of #FOMO, we’ve got you covered! Take a look at
our seven must-see moments before tonight’s big show! Happy Grammys
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
1. Crazy Collaborations: We wish we could mention every duet for tonight’s show but how does Sam Smith and Mary J. Blige sound together? Ed Sheeran with John Mayer? What about Beck and Chris Martin?
No matter what musical genre you love, chances are you’re going to like
more than a couple of tonight’s star-studded performances.
2. Queen Bey’s Extravaganza: It’s going to be hard to top last year’s opening number of “Drunk In Love” with Jay Z Grammy organizers, however, believe Beyoncé
is going to do it. “This will be so dramatically different than
anything you’ve seen her do in a long time,” President/CEO of The
Recording Academy Neil Portnow teased to E! News. “It’s really going to be a spectacular moment for us and for her for sure.”
3. Kimye in the Building: Yes, we’re so pumped to see Kanye West perform his new hit “FourFiveSeconds” with Rihanna and Paul McCartney. But we’d be lying if we weren’t curious to see what the rapper and wife Kim Kardashian will be wearing down that red carpet. Plus, we want another look at that drastic haircut North West‘s mom debuted Friday night.
4. T-Swift’s Performance-Free Night: With childhood bestie Abigail Anderson as her date, Taylor Swift
is so ready to fan-out and enjoy tonight’s music. In addition to
presenting the award for Best New Artist, the “Style” crooner promises a
whole lot of dancing during the night. “I’ll be there having a dance
party/rage fest in the audience,” she teased on her Tumblr.
5. Red Carpet Outfits: If there’s one thing we know about the Grammys, it’s the simple fact that singers like to wow on the red carpet. Whether its Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or Miley Cyrus, there are a lot of music superstars who likely aren’t going to go with a tradition gown. Thank goodness we have Live from the Red Carpet with Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic to give us the best camera views possible.
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for iHeartMedia
6. Katy’s Post-Game Performance: After overwhelming fans with her amazing Super Bowl halftime performance, you’d think Katy Perry would want a break. Not exactly! Instead, the “Firework” singer is expected to take the stage with domestic violence survivor Brooke Axtell who will perform a written-word piece. Perry, on the other hand, will sing her touching ballad “By the Grace of God.”
7. The Voice Takeover:
NBC’s popular reality show may not be back until Feb.23. But many of
the popular coaches millions of fans adore will take center stage Sunday
night. While Pharrell Williams and Usher are expected to perform separately, we’re extra excited for Gwen Stefani and Adam Levine‘s collaboration. What do you get when you combine the sounds of Maroon 5 and No Doubt? Guess you have to watch CBS tonight!
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1zx1i8n