It is easy to make your own Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad; all you have to do is prepare some of the ingredients beforehand. The elbow macaroni needs to be cooked and drained while the chicken needs to be boiled and shredded. Once the macaroni and chicken are ready, all you have to do is combine all the ingredients and toss. It will also be nice if you serve your Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad chilled. I do this by mixing all the ingredients in a stainless mixing bowl. I place that same mixing bowl with the Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad in the fridge. The stainless steel bowl will help the salad get cold faster and this will be beneficial if you are pressed for time.
Aside from macaroni, you can use other types of short cut pasta. Here are some examples: Mostaccioli, Penne, Rigatoni, Cellentani, Rotini, Cavatappi, Fideuà, and Maccheroncelli.
Try this Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe. Enjoy!
Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. chicken
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup minced carrots
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon salt and then put-in the chicken. Boil the chicken for 25 minutes. Drain the water and let the chicken cool.
- Discard the bone from the meat and then shred the chicken meat using your clean hands. Set aside.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and then set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder, 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice from the canned tidbits, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well and then taste. Adjust the taste as necessary.
- Add the shredded chicken, carrots, macaroni, raisins, and pineapple tidbits in the mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add the cheese. Gently toss.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield):